10 May-08:00/19 May-17:00
Naples / Caggiano (SA)
May, 10/19 2024
IN THE SONG FOR LOVE – Rite of Repair
The shapes and colors of the Song of Creatures.
Saint Francis of Assisi and Hermann Nitsch.
Workshop on performing arts held by Andrea Cramarossa
Through the Natural Elements and the Practice of Silence developed during twenty years of research in the Doll Theater, one accesses the precious source of Sound which dwells, in primordial and cosmic form, within each living being and, consequently, in each thing that makes up the “surrounding”. The proposed practice is the one that leads the human being directly to the heart of the sense of forgiveness, to the immense discovery of Total Love that reflects itself in Total Art, where even Death becomes sister and vital essence of prosperity and unavoidable access to the sacredness of the Divine Body.
Immersing ourselves in the texts “Canticle of Creatures” by St. Francis of Assisi and “Essere” by Hermann Nitsch, we will discover a way to reach ecstasy through the contemplation of Nature, or new ecstatic energy under the power of the performer which becomes his performative movement.
- Contact your body and your sound through the practice of the ritual.
- Contact your body and your sound through the practice of prayer.
- Take possession of the “sense of the sacred” starting from the “sacred everyday life”.
- Make your own body sacred.
- Make your own sound sacred.
- Make the place sacred through the practice of sacrifice.
- Identify the Source of Love within yourself.
- Determine Love by purging it of any misunderstanding and interpretation aimed at feeding one’s ego.
- Love and hubris, when loving means defacing the other from oneself.
- Observation of the dynamics that lead to the commercialization of Love.
- Love in Art.
- Discover the Divine Body.
- To study the text “Canticle of the Creatures” by Saint Francis of Assisi.
- Studying the art and philosophical text “Being” by Hermann Nitsch.
- Let yourself be enveloped by the singing of animals to listen to the meaning of forgiveness.
- Let yourself be enveloped by the singing of the plants to listen to the meaning of forgiveness.
- Assimilate the sense of the sacred in theatrical practice.
- Theatrical practice as a purification practice.
- Discover the Practice of Silence and the Practice of Purification.
- The Purification of a Sacred Space.
- True Listening: main characteristic for fully experiencing Dramatic Art.
- Anthropology of Learning the Theatrical Art: “learning to learn” through prayer.
- What is Lay Prayer.
Who is the Masterclass for?
International residential workshop on the performing arts and theatrical acting through the sound-body relationship, from the “Canticle of the Creatures” by Saint Francis of Assisi and the philosophical text “Essere” by Hermann Nitsch conducted by Andrea Cramarossa – Teatro delle Bambole, intended for performers, dancers, musicians, singers, directors, Italian and foreign actors (the hosting will be multilingual).
The workshop is also open to student actors with even occasional and not in-depth but heartfelt and participatory experience in dramatic art.
At the end of the journey there will be a double opening of the work to the public.
The workshop has a limited number of places.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Andrea Cramarossa is a poet, director and actor who, after years of intense personal studies in the field of vocal research, sound and voice applied to singing and speaking, theorize, on an experimental basis, an approach to dramatic art through the use and knowledge of sound.
He is the first to take advantage of listening to the sound of the human voice in order to arrive at dramatic art by structuring a real acting model that is inspired by the work on sound by Gisela Rhomert and by Hermann Nitsch’s Theater of Orgies and Mysteries.
Cramarossa regularly holds workshops on voice and acting in Italy and abroad. He receives numerous awards in the artistic field including: “Young Oscar – European Personality” and the “Aligi D’Oro” Prize for Dramatic Art. With his artistic work “L’URLO” (The Scream) he received the first prize in 2013 at the FAP – Festival of Performing Arts. In 2003 he founded the theater research group Teatro delle Bambole.
For more info: www.teatrodellebambole.it
Dates / Timetables / Where
The first part of the workshop will take place from Friday 10 to Wednesday 15 May 2024 in Naples at the Sala Capriata of the Hermann Nitsch Museum Museum (Vico Lungo Pontecorvo 29/d) with the following times:
from 10am to 1pm and from 4pm to 7pm.
The move from Naples to Caggiano (or Polla) is scheduled for Thursday 16 May.
The second part of the workshop will take place from Friday 17 to Sunday 19 May 2024 in Caggiano.
Audience presentations on Saturday 18 May (at 9 pm) and Sunday 19 May (at 6 pm) in Caggiano.
How to apply / Deadline
It is essential to send your application accompanied by an artistic curriculum to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send your application from January 1, 2024 to April 21, 2024.
Attendance fee: 260,00 euros
EARLY BIRD PRICE 240,00 euros: Special reduced fee sending the application by 1 March 2024.
The selected participants will be contacted by the organizational secretariat on
- March 10, 2024 (applications received by 1 March)
- April 28, 2024 (applications received after 1 March)
The registration is completed upon receipt of the copy of the deposit of 50%, within five days following the communication of the selections.
After this date the candidacy expires. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
Payment is only allowed by bank transfer.
The attendances are responsible for organizing and paying their own travel, accommodation, meals costs.
For the stay in Caggiano (SA), the organization will provide participants with accommodation at a subsidized cost (double rooms) at the Hotel Belvedere in Polla (SA).
Museo Hermann Nitsch – email@example.com – +39 081 5641655
Casa del Contemporaneo – firstname.lastname@example.org – +39 345 4679142
Teatro delle Bambole – email@example.com – +39 347 3003359
The workshop on the performing arts IN THE SONG FOR LOVE is organized by the Morra Foundation – Hermann Nitsch Museum and Teatro delle Bambole in collaboration with Casa del Contemporaneo.