- This event has passed.
CALL International Masterclass Oedipus. Body of Blood. – Melpignano (LE)
20 June 2022-10:00/2 July 2022-19:00
CALL FOR MASTERCLASS
Open call from 28th february to 2nd june 2022
20th june – 2nd july 2022
Ex Convento degli Agostiniani
Viale Michele de Pietro 10, Lecce
International Residential Masterclass on the relationship between sound and body, from the King Oedipus by Hermann Nitsch
held by Andrea Cramarossa
“The torment that Oedipus carries from his birth, not knowing anything about himself, will lead him towards horror, towards the inaudible. With a very strong light, in Nitsch’s Oedipus, the sense of the sacred is achieved through the sacrifice of all the elements that led the hero into the ecstasy of knowledge, a disturbing, troublesome, lacerating ecstasy.”
- Get in touch with your own body through the practice of the ritual.
- Get in touch with your own sound through the practice of the ritual.
- Take possession of the “sense of the sacred” starting from the “sacred everyday”.
- Make your own body sacred.
- Make your own sound sacred.
- Make the place sacred through the practice of sacrifice.
- To Study the text “King Oedipus” by Hermann Nitsch to reach an immersive ritual practice.
- To get involved by the myth of Oedipus to consolidate a collective and community narrative practice of the myth itself.
- To reach a possible “place” where the actor consider the sacredness of his being on stage with the surroundings
- To Assimilate the sense of the sacred in theatrical practice.
- To Learn the mechanism of regression (loss of one’s structural bonds – physical and mental prison) to identify the primordial physical impulses (Dionysian process).
- Learn the mechanism of the sublimation of these impulses to make a mystical artistic creation of self-awareness.
Who is the Masterclass for?
The Masterclass is aimed at actors and actresses, dancers, musicians, singers, directors and directors of all ages and of all nationalities (held multilingual); also open to pupils with experience, even occasional and not in-depth, but felt and participated in the dramatic art.
The relationship with the body provides for the possibility of considering it in its nakedness.
At the end of the itinerary, a double opening of the work to the audience is foreseen.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The Masterclass is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Andrea Cramarossa is a poet, director and actor who, after years of intense personal studies in the field of vocal research, sound and voice applied to singing and speaking, theorize, on an experimental basis, an approach to dramatic art through the use and knowledge of sound.
He is the first to take advantage of listening to the sound of the human voice in order to arrive at dramatic art by structuring a real acting model that is inspired by the work on sound by Gisela Rhomert and by Hermann Nitsch’s Theater of Orgies and Mysteries.
Cramarossa regularly holds workshops on voice and acting in Italy and abroad. He receives numerous awards in the artistic field including: “Young Oscar – European Personality” and the “Aligi D’Oro” Prize for Dramatic Art. With his artistic work “L’URLO” (The Scream) he received the first prize in 2013 at the FAP – Festival of Performing Arts. In 2003 he founded the theater research group Teatro delle Bambole.
For more info: www.teatrodellebambole.it
Dates & Timetables
The Masterclass will take place:
from Monday 20 June to Saturday 2 July (with a break on Sunday 26 June)
Hours: to be agreed
Proposal / hypothesis: from 10 to 13 and from 16 to 19.
The Masterclass will take place in Melpignano (LE):
Ex Convento degli Agostiniani
How to apply / Deadline
It is essential to send your application accompanied by an artistic curriculum to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send your application from February 28, 2022 to June 02, 2022.
Attendance fee: 280,00 euros
EARLY BIRD PRICE 250,00 euros: Special reduced fee sending the application by April 10, 2022.
The selected participants will be contacted by the organizational secretariat on
- April 20, 2022 (applications received by April 10)
- June 12, 2022 (applications received after April 10)
The registration is completed upon receipt of the copy of the deposit of 50%, within five days following the communication of the selections.
After this date the candidacy expires. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable
Payment is only allowed by bank transfer.The attendances are responsible for organizing and paying their own travel, accommodation, meals costs.
Affiliated accommodations are available.
During the Masterclass, compliance with the measures envisaged for the containment of Covid-19 will be guaranteed.
Officine Theatrikés Salento Ellàda – Cell.: 388 1814359 – email@example.com
Teatro delle Bambole – Cell.: 347 3003359 – firstname.lastname@example.org
OEDIPUS. BODY OF BLOOD. – INTERNATIONAL MASTERCLASS is organized by OTSE – Officine Theatrikés Salento Ellàda and Teatro delle Bambole, in collaboration with Fondazione Morra – Hermann Nitsch Museum and Casa del Contemporaneo, with the support of Ministero della Cultura, Regione Puglia and Comune di Melpignano.
 Hermann Nitsch, EDIPO RE. Una teoria di rappresentazione del dramma 1964, Edizioni Morra, Naples, 2001.