OEDIPUS. BODY OF BLOOD | Process II – PENTESILEA | Teatro delle Bambole
9 May-10:00/21 May-19:00
Fondazione Morra and Teatro delle Bambole
in collaboration with Casa del Contemporaneo
OEDIPUS. BODY OF BLOOD
Process II – PENTESILEA
International Masterclass on the relationship between sound and body
from Kleist’s “Penthesilea” in Hermann Nitsch’s reinterpretation
held by Andrea Cramarossa
“… She loved him so much that she could, at the same time, have eaten him out of love.”
These words, so close to myth, relate Penthesilea to mythic elements. One associates, these words, with the meal of the totem, the meal of God in the Eucharist, the flesh of God, the host. Eating the body of the beloved means complete identification with it. Maximum love: ecstatic transgressive love leads to the concept of laceration.
Perhaps, the only word that remains after Penthesilea’s sacrifice is, in fact, an ancient and guttural verse or song, a deep song related to the primordial scream, that of birth that carries within itself the dazzling and clear sense of death, that of the myth that, absolutely, holds within itself the entire meaning of human existence.
– Get in touch with your own body through the practice of the ritual.
– Get in touch with your own sound through the practice of the ritual.
– Take possession of the “sense of the sacred” starting from the “sacred everyday”.
– Make your own body sacred.
– Make your own sound sacred.
– Make the place sacred through the practice of sacrifice.
– To Study the text “King Oedipus/Pentesilea” by Hermann Nitsch to reach an immersive ritual practice.
– To get involved by the myth of Oedipus to consolidate a collective and community narrative practice of the myth itself.
– – To reach a possible “place” where the actor consider the sacredness of his being on stage with the surroundings
– To Assimilate the sense of the sacred in theatrical practice.
– To Learn the mechanism of regression (loss of one’s structural bonds – physical and mental prison) to identify the primordial physical impulses (Dionysian process).
– Learn the mechanism of the sublimation of these impulses to make a mystical artistic creation of self-awareness.
– Considering the artistic act of sacrifice as a need for transgression.
– Considering the artistic act of love as a need for sublimation.
Who is the Masterclass for?
The Masterclass is aimed at actors and actresses, dancers, musicians, singers, directors and directors of all ages and of all nationalities (held multilingual); also open to pupils with experience, even occasional and not in-depth, but felt and participated in the dramatic art and to anyone who wants to probe the relationships between sound and body through the text on Kleist’s “Penthesilea” in Hermann Nitsch’s “Oedipus Rex.”
The relationship with the body provides for the possibility of considering it in its nakedness.
At the end of the itinerary, a double opening of the work to the audience is foreseen.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The Masteclass is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Andrea Cramarossa is a poet, director and actor who, after years of intense personal studies in the field of vocal research, sound and voice applied to singing and speaking, theorize, on an experimental basis, an approach to dramatic art through the use and knowledge of sound.
He is the first to take advantage of listening to the sound of the human voice in order to arrive at dramatic art by structuring a real acting model that is inspired by the work on sound by Gisela Rhomert and by Hermann Nitsch’s Theater of Orgies and Mysteries.
Cramarossa regularly holds workshops on voice and acting in Italy and abroad. He receives numerous awards in the artistic field including: “Young Oscar – European Personality” and the “Aligi D’Oro” Prize for Dramatic Art. With his artistic work “L’URLO” (The Scream) he received the first prize in 2013 at the FAP – Festival of Performing Arts. In 2003 he founded the theater research group Teatro delle Bambole.
For more info: www.teatrodellebambole.it
Dates & Timetables
The Masterclass will take place every day
from 9 to 21 May 2023
from 10 to 13 and from 16 to 19
Total: 72 hours
Audience presentations on Saturday 20 May (at 9 pm) and Sunday 21 May (at 6 pm).
The Masterclass will take place in Naples (ITALY):
Museo Hermann Nitsch
Naples – Vico Lungo Pontecorvo 29 / d
How to apply / Deadline
It is essential to send your application accompanied by an artistic curriculum to email@example.com
You can send your application from January 1, 2023 to April 15, 2023.
Attendance fee: 280,00 euros
EARLY BIRD PRICE 250,00 euros: Special reduced fee sending the application by 1 March 2023.
The selected participants will be contacted by the organizational secretariat on
– March 15, 2023 (applications received by 1 March)
– April 20, 2023 (applications received after 1 March)
The registration is completed upon receipt of the copy of the deposit of 50%, within five days following the communication of the selections.
After this date the candidacy expires. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable
Payment is only allowed by bank transfer.
The attendances are responsible for organizing and paying their own travel, accommodation, meals costs.
During the Masterclass, compliance with the measures envisaged for the containment of Covid-19 will be guaranteed.
Museo Hermann Nitsch – firstname.lastname@example.org – +39 081 5641655
Casa del Contemporaneo – email@example.com – +39 345 4679142
OEDIPUS. BODY OF BLOOD | Process II – PENTESILEA International Masterclass is organized by Fondazione Morra – Hermann Nitsch Museum and Teatro delle Bambole in collaboration with Casa del Contemporaneo.